Factory Mutual - open web Joist spacing

I am working on a warehouse where Factory Mutual need to be followed if is it more conservative than the state code.  Today I was told that the joist spacing should be at 4'-0" o.c. maximum without been given a good reason.  I tried to search the F.M. but did not find any limitation on the joist spacing except that the metal deck gage control the spacing.  Have anyone used this code and been asked the spaced the joist at 4'-0" o.c.

Thank

John.