From: BCainse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:BCainse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 11:06 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Sliding

Paul-
I wouldn't rely on side friction on a normal perimeter wall footing wall.
In the Bay Area we frequently see the soil pull away from the wall during
the summer months when the soil dries out.  Somehow, I don't think the
resulting air gap has much frictional resistance. :<)

Regards,
Bill Cain, SE
Albany CA