Re: Factory Mutual - open web Joist spacing

John Nader wrote:

    I am working on a warehouse where Factory Mutual need to be
    followed if is it more conservative than the state code.  Today I
    was told that the joist spacing should be at 4'-0" o.c. maximum
    without been given a good reason.  I tried to search the F.M. but
    did not find any limitation on the joist spacing except that the
    metal deck gage control the spacing.  Have anyone used this code
    and been asked the spaced the joist at 4'-0" o.c.
I believe the Verco roof catalog has a maximum span of 6'-7" for 1-1/2" deep roof deck.