MICROSTATION Dwg Converted into AUTOCAD Dwg

Hello there Microstaion/Autocad users:

Some times I have a drawing and I convert it into Autocad R14 to send it to somebody who don't have Microstation.  When he opens it, all the layers, colors, line scales etc. are mixed up.  This has to do with the setting files which Microstation uses to Convert/Export the drawing into Autocad file.
Is there any smart person who has some experience with this kind of thing and found a way to fix or control the features of elements in the drawing.

Thanks in advance.

Tahir