Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Carriage Bolts

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
RE: Carriage Bolts
Have a look at ANSI/ASME B18.5.  That's probably what you are looking for.  It includes many different styles, and the style now referred to as Round Head Square Neck Bolt used to be called 'Round Head Carriage Bolt'.  As for raw material, this specification allows either ASTM A307 Grade A or SAE J429 Grade 1.  (As Homer Simpson would say, "Ooooh Steel".)
David Sharp
TurnaSure LLC
57 E. 11th St. 8th Fl.
New York, NY 10003
(646) 602-1405
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2002 4:19 PM
Subject: Carriage Bolts

I need to specify carriage bolts for some wood-to-wood connections.  Are they A307 bolts, but with the carriage bolt style head?  Or does a different bolt spec apply?
M. David Finley, P.E.
2086 SW Main Boulevard - Suite 111
Lake City, FL  32025