Re: Have you heard of watering your foundation?

In Calif. we have several areas of highly expansive soils. The following
are some of the things we do to control extensive volume changes:
Overexcavate and recompact the soil  under the slab-on-grade at optimum
moisture (this means a day or two of watering the subgrade), heavily
reinforcing the slab, heavily reinforcing and deepening the preimeter
wall/footing, placing gutters and downspouts all around and keeping
landscaping away from the house.
Curing the concrete by water, a membrane or some other method is a
completely different matter.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA