Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Maryland Parking Structure[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Maryland Parking Structure
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:10:04 EST
I don't know anything more than what was in the Post, other than the Washington Post staff writer should probably be covering something like flower shows or shoe sales.
The failure at the Motor speedway was a corrosion-induced failure in the precast beams, not the columns. There is no connection with the current collapse. Corrosion is an extremely slow process, a corrosion failure does not happen during construction. The speedway bridge was five years old and probably represents as quick as you can get a corrosion failure.
Gail S. Kelley
- Prev by Subject: Maryland Parking Structure
- Next by Subject: Re: Maryland Parking Structure
- Previous by thread: Re: Maryland Parking Structure
- Next by thread: Treatment for potentially expansive soils (was RE: Have you heard of watering your foundation?)