From: "Eric Green" <EGreen(--nospam--at)walterpmoore.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Have you heard of watering your foundation?

----=_NextPart_ST_16_04_43_Monday_November_18_2002_20411

I have heard it as gospel that lime does not work for structural
foundations, despite the fact that the highway guys seem to think it
works quit well. I think the real issue might be cost rather than
performance. The depth to constant moisture content in Houston is
typically 8-14 feet, but of you could stabilize the upper 5-6 feet you
would get rid of most the movement. The clay itself goes down 4000 -
6000 feet (in Houston), so piles to bedrock are a relatively expensive
option.

=20

Eric Green=20