Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Bar versus Wire[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Bar versus Wire
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 23:10:35 EST
My question about why someone would specify wire actually refered to wire (ASTM A 496, "Specification for Steel Wire, Deformed, for Concrete Reinforcement"), not welded wire fabric.
I have never actually seen this used, and wondered how easy it was to get. Where has anyone used it?
Also, the cost versus rebar. The yield strength is 75 ksi, but if it costs alot more than Grade 60 rebar, there doesn't seem like there would be any savings.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Bar versus wire
- Next by Subject: Re: Bar versus Wire
- Previous by thread: Re: Bar versus wire
- Next by thread: Re: Bar versus Wire