Re: Bar versus Wire

WWF, welded wire fabric mesh utilizes these  very wires. I'll research on why would any one specify on use of wires instead of a rebras. But you have a point there definitely, about cost economics which might off set the savings other wise.

We have been using wires or WWF only at places where we have too many cuttings (due to utility trenches) especially on Slab-on-Grade, where rebar detailing & placing becomes sort of very difficult & time consuming. Here again, economics of its governs, in favor of its use and not against it.

So, its use is merited by its necessity, as I undestand, depending on case to case basis.

Regards,

Syed Faiz Ahmad; MEngg, M.ASCE

Senior Structural Engineer

Saudi Oger Ltd
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* ******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* *** * Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp * * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to: * * http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp * * Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: http://www.seaint.org ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********