Re: Natural period of vibration 'T' for stacked exchangers

Dear Ravi,
Please see Chapter 5 - "Self Supporting Stack" in  "Tubular Steel Structures: Theory and Design" By: M.S. Troitsky Published by: The James F. Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation, Cleveland, OH, 1982.
Himat Solanki, P.E., S.E

>>> Ravi.Vasu(--nospam--at)jacobs.com 11/20/02 11:16AM >>>
Please refer to the "Guidelines for seismic evaluation abd
design of petrochemical facilities"(Appendix 4.A) by ASCE committee.
This section tells you how to find natuaral period for non building
structures
such as towers...  Is there any guidelines to find natural period for
stacked exchangers?  Should we consider this as one mass?.
The connecting plate between the exchangers may be a weak component,
might affect 'T'.  Do we need to consider this?

Thanks for your time & response.

Ravi Vasu, P.E.,

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.