Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Reinforced Concrete Dome Design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Reinforced Concrete Dome Design
- From: "Adair, Joel" <JAdair(--nospam--at)Halff.com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:29:26 -0600
Title: RE: Reinforced Concrete Dome Design
I think this may not have gone through, so I'm reposting. Sorry if it's a repeat.
In my thin shells class in school, we used "Thin Shell Concrete Structures, 2nd Edition" by David P. Billington. It's published by McGraw-Hill, but at the time (1996), it was a "Classic Textbook Reissue" -- I don't think they regularly print it. It's a very theoretically-based book, and it has quite a few typos, but it was a good book for use in a class taught by a professor who was a real expert in concrete thin shells. He was able to walk us through the fourth-order partial differential equations (haven't seen one of those since the class) and teach us how to apply the theory to design. There might be more practice-oriented references out there, but this one is good for the underlying theory.
Joel C. Adair, PE
Halff Associates, Inc.
From: Geryes Awwad [mailto:fawwad(--nospam--at)bezeqint.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 2:32 AM
Subject: Reinforced Concrete Dome Deisgn
Does anyone know of any good references specifically for Reinforced concrete domes, shells and plates structures?
G. Awwad SE
- Prev by Subject: RE: Reinforced Concrete Dome Design
- Next by Subject: REMOVE
- Previous by thread: RE: Reinforced Concrete Dome Design
- Next by thread: Natural period of vibration 'T' for stacked exchangers