From: "Reza Dashti Asl" <rezadashti(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Grout under base plate

Hi,
The gap under some base plates in one of our jobs will be from 0 to 2" due
to concrete (mis)placement. Columns are designed as pinned and some of them
have bracings (for seismic zone 3 and wind). Base plates are welded to
columns. What kind of grout do you specify for gaps less than 1/2"?(For gaps
between 1/2" and 2" I am going to use a cementitious non-shrinking grout,
like Five Star) Any other concerns? I'll appreciate all comments.

Reza Dashti