RE: Grout under base plate

Five Star grout has a very good book, "A Professional's Handbook on Grouting
Concrete Repair and Waterproofing".  You need to get it.

Drill grout holes in the base plate and require a flowable non-shrink grout
for your 1/2" grout.  There are several other things you need to put into
your specification which will be described in the handbook.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague