From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 6:14 AM
To: Seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Shearheads/Studrails

Shearheads (structural steel I or channel shapes used as shear reinforcing in slabs) are discussed at great length in ACI 318 (11.12.4).

Has anyone ever used shearheads?  If so,  what were the circumstances and was the experience "positive"?

Any comments, positive or negative, on using Studrails (headed studs on a rail)?

Gail S. Kelley, P.E.