From: Juan José Treff De la Mora [mailto:jjtreff(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 2:33 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Cc: solutions(--nospam--at)aisc.org
Subject: TRUSS SHAPES

Dear Colleagues,
I need to design an A-36 steel trusses to cover a warehouse. The span is 82
ft, in a seismic zone and with winds of 65 mph. The only trusses the load
will be supporting is the roof and lamps. I have two questions:

1. What is more efficient structuraly speaking, a Howe type truss with
gabled top chords and straight bottom chord or a Fink type truss with both
chords gabled and parallel to each other?

2. And speaking of weight, which one of the two will require less material?

Thank you,

Juan

http://messenger.microsoft.com/es