Re: Parking Garages in Canada

Gail,

        As Peter James pointed out the Canadian requirements are specified in a Canadian Standards Association specification.  The specification is CSA S413-94.  If you can not access it on line (as Peter suggested) I do have a copy.  I could scan the applicable four (4) pages of section 7.3 if you let me know the best e-mail address.  The SEAINT list can not accept that many pages of scanned material (I've tried it before) so I do have to send it privately if you need it plus you need to have a large enough mailbox to accept it.

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson

GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

Is there a requirement in Canada that all new parking structures have a membrane applied to the slabs?

If so,  how are the requirements for the membrane specified?

Is this a requirement or just standard practice?

Gail S. Kelley, P.E.