From: Ashok Dani [mailto:ashokdani(--nospam--at)tatachem.tata.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 7:13 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: gratings

Dear Vishwanath , Ken and members,

First thankyou for the information given on the subject.

Mr. Vishwanath you are absolutely correct "GI" stands for Hot dip
Galvanizing (100 microns) as surface finish.

I am considering three options for selecting the flooring

1) RCC Slab:  Self weight is prohibitive factor
2) FRP gratings : Self weight is lowest, best in corrosive atmosphere but
Initial cost is very high.
3) Welded bar gratings with GI finsh : Low self weight and corrosion
protection, also the cost is almost half of FRP gratings.
(Please convey me if there is are any other alternaitves)

At present i am preparing standard specifications for Welded bar gratings.
For which i need following informaiton:

1) Best Method of Construction for Welded bar grating.
2) Information on Finishes apart from Galvanizing.
2) Normally how much years guarantee/warranty is given by the supplier ?

Thanks in advance

Samir Shah