From: "Ray Pixley" <rpixley(--nospam--at)engineer.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: N.Y. Building Codes
You guys are close. But there's a statute in New York State law that allows
municipalities to adapt their own building code. I believe the criteria is a
minimum population, say 1 million. Thus, New York City (which houses about
half of New York State's population) has its own building code. I'm not sure
if Buffalo qualifies, but it might.
Not to worry, though. A few weeks ago, a trial balloon was floated about NYC
adapting the International Building Code. Unfortunately, I haven't heard
anything about it since, so we'll have to stay tuned.