Re: Lt Gage Steel

> From: Daryl Richardson <h.d.richardson(--nospam--at)shaw.ca>
>         I understand, rightly or wrongly, that Dr. R. M. Schuster, of
> University of Waterloo, in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, has been
> instrumental in the development of light gage metal codes in both Can=
> ada
> and U.S.A.  Dr. Schuster has also developed computer programs for
> determining element capacities and he offers these programs for sale.
> You might contact him for additional information.

Actually, Schuster's software is not aging well, Canadian specific and
not very user friendly. There are better options for AISI 1996 analysis.

Incidentally, this was one of the reasons, among others, for merging the
cold formed standards - to increase access to general cold-formed
analysis software since the market in Canada simply would not support a
Canada-only commercial product.

CSA has now published the unified S136 replacement. I believe that,
after currency conversion, it sells for less than the same document in
an AISI cover. We're benefiting already!

--
Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project/International