Re: Pinned joint of Concrete Structures

If the structure is for the seismic design, you can say seismic system or
non-seismic system. you need to design the seismic system based on the seismic
design procedure. and the non-seismic system based on the compatibility.

If the structure is for the gravity only, the pin connection can be detailed.
For example, if the pin-end beam is connected to column, you can make a corbel
at the column so the beam can sit on the corbel. It totally depends on the
situation.

I hope it help you.

Chung-Soo Doo

Jeong-mo Yang wrote:

> Hello,
> How can I make joints of concrete structure into pinned joints in practical?
> When I design a concrete structure, I can assume like this one is pinned and
> that one is fixed.  However, in the drawings or in practical, the fixed and
> pinned joints of concrete are almost same.  Therefore, I may think that the
> concept of pinned and fixed joint in concrete structures is unnecessary.  Is
> it right?   If it is wrong, how can pinned joints be made or built in
> practical?
>
> Jeong Yang

> *
> *
> *   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
> *
> *   site at: http://www.seaint.org
begin:vcard
n:Doo;Chung-Soo
tel;fax:415-781-2718
tel;work:415-781-1505
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:cdoo(--nospam--at)sdesf.com
fn:Chung-Soo Doo, Ph.D.
end:vcard