Re: Pinned joint of Concrete Structures

Jeong,

Pinned concrete joints can be made by bending all the vertical column rebar approximately 45 degrees towards the center so it looks like the end of a pencil.  I have never seen this done before in a structure but I have seen it done for concrete piles into pile cap connections.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Jeong-mo Yang" <jyang(--nospam--at)fdgoak.com>

11/22/2002 06:11 AM
Please respond to seaint