Re: Shearheads/Studrails

Cost of studrails has in fact come down recently due to competition - the patent on the original "Studrail" expired a year or two ago so there are now a few competing systems.

There are some differences between the systems as far as head size and head  verus stud size, which makes them either better or worse than the original Studrail,  depending on who you talk to, but I'm not sure their performance is all that different.

Gail S. Kelley