Re: SEGMENTAL RETAINING WALL USED FOR DETENtION BASIN

** Proprietary **

The project I am reviewing does not have perforated pipe at bottom, no drainage system behind the wall or at the bottom. The wall is for detention basin,  13' hg.   The engineer use 20% clay to mix with 1" minus limestone, 95% compact to backfill, to creat soil with low pemeability, to prevent the water into the soil. Per the engineer' assumption, the water into the back of wall  will come back to the front surface of the wall. Any comments ?

Helen Zhou