Re: SEGMENTAL RETAINING WALL USED FOR DETENtION BASIN

Helen,

With due apology. I think this is an utterly bad design for two reasons:

          obviously not clay, alone or with any combination.

These are fundamental requirements for a good performing design for a Segmental Retaining Wall.

I would refer you to CHIP FULLER, the President of MEREX, a leading GeoGrids enterprise in USA. I attended his lecture on the subject of GeoGrids in Riyadh in October last and learnt a lot from him, really. I am endorsing this mail to him as well and would request him to respond on this issue for all the benefit of all the  members on the LIST..

Regards,

Syed Faiz Ahmad; MEngg, M.ASCE

Senior Structural Engineer

Saudi Oger Ltd,

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

P.S: the web Site for MEREX is:

                  www.merexgrids.com

Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. ******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* *** * Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp * * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to: * * http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp * * Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: http://www.seaint.org ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********