From: YI [mailto:YI(--nospam--at)summit-sr.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 9:31 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: GLB allowable stress

I have an old drawing of a wood framed roof plan.  It calls for GLB 5.125 x
24 beams.  The notes said "GLB... shall be manufactured in accordance with
commercial standard CS-253".  The building is circa 1970.  Anyone know how I
can find out what was the allowable stress on those GLB beams?  Thanks.

Y i   Y a n g  P. E.
Summit Engineering Inc.
Santa Rosa, CA