Re: Off Topic - Hard Drive Cleanup Software

David,

One good solution would be to get Norton Utilities.  One of the utilities
contained will permantently delete files.  You also get the added benefit
of the other utilities that come in the package that will help keep your
computer running better.  Norton Utils is not too expensive in the grand
scheme of things...PCConnection has version 6 for about $45 and version 7
for about $93.

I also did a quick search on shareware.com for "permanently delete" and it
came back with several programs such as Sure Delete, FinalData Plus, and
AbsoluteShield File Shredder.  I have never used any of these, but Sure
Delete appears to be freeware, so you can give it a try.

I would also suggestion Stuffit Deluxe but I am not sure the Windoze
version has all the included features of the Mac version.  I know that the
Mac version of Stuffit Deluxe comes with a Secure Delete utility, but it
does not appear to be a part of the Windoze version.  FYI, Stuffit is a
file compression utility (i.e. similar to WinZip).  It originated on the
Mac but has migrated also to Windoze.  It uses its own file format, but
also will do other compression formats include ZIP.  In nothing else,
everyone should at least take a look at their free Stuffit Expander
utility.  It is freeware and will uncompress just about any compression
format including ZIP and SIT (which is the Stuffit format which you may
occasionally get if you get a compressed file from someone who uses a
Mac).   You can find it at www.stuffit.com.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI