Re: Re:3-hinged arch w/ NO tension ties - how?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Vakiener" <avakiener(--nospam--at)southernae.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 7:36 AM
Subject: Re:3-hinged arch w/ NO tension ties - how?

> John,
>
> Where in Georgia is this project located?  In fact, for a large portion of
> the state, seismic loading is a major issue under the new building code.

Southern portion.  My figures show Category B (barely - per 2000 IBC).

I didn't intend to understate the seismic situation - was just wanting to
get some input on the concept here.

Another question (from email) asked the orientation of the footing
'block' -- the 14' dimension is oriented along the 'wall' (such that it
is) - perpendicular to the horizontal thrust.

I appreciate all the responses (public and private).  It's one of the really
nice things about this listserve.

-- john.