RE: Single Plate Connection of Collectors Procedure

>Does the failure mode become irrelevant
>because the design forces are higher?

Not exactly. A ductile element somewhere else in the system will have
already started to yield, thereby limiting the force that can be transmitted
to another element that has overstrength and a potentially non-ductile
failure mode. Said another way, we pick the element that is critical (brace
in SCBF for example) and then do not have to make ductile failure modes
control every other element of the system as long as their strength exeeds
the force it will see through failure of the fuse.

Charlie