Re: Metal Building Notes and Other Gripes

Personally I do not WANT the PEMB to design the anchor bolts.  I am use to very large metal buildings and there are too many interference and other design issues for the PEMB to know.  I may want 6 smaller anchors instead of 4 big ones due to edge distance issues and if I have a short pier I have to make sure the anchor bolts do not hit all the cross ties.  The key is to have a good contract that specifically states the information you need and how it should be presented.  Sometimes I will even include a load summary table so all they have to do is fill it out.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting