Re: TS MOMENT FRAME

Antonio & Alexander

You can use a welder who is qualified to do "pipe"
welding so that all the welding is from the outside, or
fit in back-up bars which is a real pain on a mitered
joint or you can over-size your HSS ( the international
term for TS) and fit a plate at the mitre joint to
which you can then just fillet weld all around.  This
is an easy solution for a shop without pipe qualified
welders, as long as the plate showing is not an
objection.

Gary