RE: Single Plate Connection of Collectors Procedure

Title: RE: Single Plate Connection of Collectors Procedure

>It seems that checking the bolts and the welds and bearing on columns
>is relatively painless but how do you check block shear at the bolt holes
>on a shear plate that is loaded vertically and horizontally?

There is no codified approach to this. I would use an elliptical interaction approach. That is, I'd calculate as follows. First, calculate the thickness required to resist the shear only in block shear. Then, calculate the thickness required to resist the tension only in block shear. The total required thickness would then be the square root of the sum of the squares of those thicknesses.

Charlie