Re: Fire truck loads

Kevin,

I am not aware of any standard load configuration.  This is probably
largely due to the variety in types of fire trucks.  There are pure pump
trucks (I believe) that don't actually carry water but only pump the water
when attached to a fire hydrant.  There are pump/tanker trucks that are
mainly to pump when attached to a hydrant (or other water source) but also
have a reserve tank for when no water source is present...thus, then can
be extremely heavy.  There are ladder trucks, some of which that will have
stabilizer legs that come down when the ladder goes up to take the load to
the ground as well as stabilize the truck better due to the wider stance
and some which just rely on the tires (i.e. much smaller ladder trucks).

Thus, you might be forced to find a range of possible truck configurations
(either by what is available on the market or what the local fire
departments have on hand) and then use those for your design check.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI