RE: Single Plate Connection of Collectors Procedure

I wouldn't want to belittle the PE or SE stamps, but if we were to accept
any piece of calcs or plans just because there is stamp on it, we would be
doing a disservice to the public which entrust us in performing a decent
review of the construction documents to protect their safety.

What I would add to the comment below is "doesn't due diligence, research,
and applying your engineering judgment to uncovered situations mean
anything?"

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA

I would hope that building officials don't expect every possible situation
to be covered by a steel, concrete, timber, masonry, or building code.
Doesn't the PE stamp mean something?

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo, CA