Wire mesh reinforcing designation

Matthew,

>From WWRI handbook, copyright 1963, 316-38 is the written ordering
designation for 3" X 16"-3 gage/8 gage wwr.

Wire is ASTM A82-62T, Fu = 75ksi, fy = 65ksi for 10 gage & coarser.

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Matthew Stuart wrote:

. > I am reviewing a set of structural drawings from the 1960's. The concrete
. > slab mesh reinforcing is designated as "316-38"

. > Anyone familiar with this designation and know what the wire spacing and
. > gage are?