Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Seismic Bolting[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Seismic Bolting
- From: THunt(--nospam--at)absconsulting.com
- Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 12:03:20 -0800
Refer to AISC Seismic Provisions 7.2a. which states the same requirement and adds the following: ".....The design shear strength of bolted joints is permitted to be calculated as that for bearing-type joints".
Thomas Hunt, S.E.
|"Dan Hernandez" <dhernandez(--nospam--at)lrpc.net>
12/03/2002 11:52 AM
To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
If anybody can help I would appreciate it.
In FEMA-353 section 5.4 it states that "All bolts used in these connections shall be installed as in slip-critical joints with Class A faying surfaces". In regards to BUEP connections, what should be used as the shear capacity of the bolts. Should it be the slip-critical value or the non slip-critical value?
Dan Hernandez, EIT
Laurene & Richker, P.C.
(704) 522-0499 f
- Prev by Subject: Re: SEGMENTAL RETAINING WALL USED FOR DETENtION BASIN
- Next by Subject: Re: Seismic Bolting
- Previous by thread: [no subject]
- Next by thread: Re: Seismic Bolting