RE: Concrete T beams/ ribbed slabs

Andrew:

I have analysed tee beam flanges for point loads in the past, and I have
found yield line theory a useful approach. I can't bring to mind a
textbook - I used my university notes.

The left side is the open edge, the right side is the face of the web. The
failure lines will be shaped like this, where the load is applied at the X:

  ---|
    /|
   / |
  /  |
 X   |
  \  |
   \ |
    \|
  ---|

If the moment capacities of the flange are the same in the x & y directions,
the diagonals will be at 45 deg - otherwise the angles will reflect the
ratio of Mrx & Mry.

Peter James