RE: Corrugated Pipe Arch

Contact the manufacturer of the pipe arch. ARMCO makes pipe arches. Don't
have their URL handy.

-----Original Message-----
From: MSSROLLO(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:MSSROLLO(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 6:50 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Corrugated Pipe Arch

I am trying to get a better idea where to direct a Client to for assistance
with an existing arch culvert they use at their facility.  Has anyone ever
had experience with culverts and can tell me where would be best to direct
my Client.  I had him check a general Civil/structural firm and apparently
they did not know how to analyze it.  I know I do not have any experience
with it.  Also, does anyone know a good reference for design information on
this subject?

I anyone is familiar with this type of design and is in the Bham,AL or East
Missisippi area, contact me if they are interested in the project.

The following should give a general idea of the structure he needs analyzed.
--concrete base 12' wide
--corrugated metal arch 8' tall made from 12 gauge
--has 2' of fill material over it; clay and gravel
--opening in arch is used to run a conveyor through while the trucks drive
overhead.

Ron Martin
Tuscaloosa, AL