RE: Seismic bracing system

Please refer to UBC section 2213.8.4.2  &  2213.8.5 for K bracing.

1.  My question is whether knee bracing is allowed or not allowed in
seismic zone 3 & 4.

2. For an existing 2 storied industrial steel structure, supporting 1 or 2
equipments & maintenance platform, is knee bracing allowed to pass
an existing beam due to gravity loads alone?  The beam is moment
connected at ends.  The column is not loaded to it's full capacity
(with knee bracing).  Can we apply section 2213.8.5 or 2213.10 in this case??

Thanks in advance.

Ravi Vasu, P.E.,

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.