Re: Checking towers' steel in Sept. 11 probe

One of the ironies of press coverage, is that all last Spring the papers
were filled with quotes about how our SEAoNY Steel Salvage work which
continued at that time was 'too late' to yield anything useful.  Most
lay-people believed such reports, and fairly often when people found out we
were still doing the steel salvage work, they'd say, "I thought there wasn't
any more steel."

Yet, now reports such as this one say things like: " . . . of the 200 steel
columns, trusses and bolts that were salvaged by the National Institute of
Standards and Technology for its study, one column stands out. Column A-130
...."

The funny thing is I didn't find Column A-130 until the middle of May.  All
I can say is thank goodness our SEAoNY leadership (especially Ramon Gilsanz)
didn't waver in his resolve to see to it that we were thorough and focused
on our work, and not distracted by the press' opinions of it.  The truth is
we continued to find useful pieces right up through the processing of the
very last pile.

David Sharp
TurnaSure LLC
57 E. 11th St. 8th Fl