Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Light Ga Steel Stud and Story Drift[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Light Ga Steel Stud and Story Drift
- From: "Hari A" <hari_pe(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 21:54:06 -0800
This is regarding the design of light gauge steel studs used in buildings where the primary shear resistance and load bearing is through braced frames.
The UBC sec. 16126.96.36.199 talks about the exterior elements which will pertain to this subject. How does this affect the design and how have structural engineers in CA designed for this provision? This will def. cause distress if the connections are not designed adequately.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Lifting Aeroplane Hanger
- Next by Subject: Light-Frame Wood Sub-Committee
- Previous by thread: Re: IBC concrete anchor design
- Next by thread: OSHA