CONNECTION DESIGN RESPONSIBILITY

Hi collegaues,
I remember I read somewhere in this forum, that the design responsibility of the connections in the US, is from the fabricator. Is this correct?

I think the structural engineer only suggests the connections to be used in his design but the steel fabricator is the final designer of the connections. If I'm correct, can anyone tell me where in the AISC Manual of Steel Construction I can find this statement.

Thank you,

Juan