Re: CONNECTION DESIGN RESPONSIBILITY

Download a copy of the AISC Code of Standard Practice from AISC.org today.
Section 3.1.2 is must reading.  It fully outlines your choice as the
Owner's Designated Representative for Design.

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo, CA.

*********

                      Juan José Treff De
                      la Mora                  To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
                      <jjtreff(--nospam--at)hotmail.co
                      m>                       cc:
                      12/09/02 01:44 PM
                      Please respond to        Subject:  CONNECTION DESIGN RESPONSIBILITY
                      seaint

Hi collegaues,
I remember I read somewhere in this forum, that the design responsibility
of
the connections in the US, is from the fabricator. Is this correct?

I think the structural engineer only suggests the connections to be used in

his design but the steel fabricator is the final designer of the
connections. If I'm correct, can anyone tell me where in the AISC Manual of

Steel Construction I can find this statement.

Thank you,

Juan

Únete al mayor servicio mundial de correo electrónico:
http://www.hotmail.com

the views of the company.