Re: CONNECTION DESIGN RESPONSIBILITY

In a message dated 12/9/2002 2:50:08 PM Pacific Standard Time, THunt(--nospam--at)absconsulting.com writes:

The commentary to this section from the SEAOC "Recommended Lateral Force Requirements and Commentary C108.2.2 reads "In some geographical regions,

I don't design steel and I don't live in California, so maybe I am missing something, but how can you have "Recommended Requirements"?  Aren't things usually either recommendations OR requirements?

Gail S. Kelley, P.E.