Re: PEMB document/review

When you are only doing the foundation, but nothing beyond that, you need to get the "Anchor Bolts and Reactions" from the final Supplier.  You can get preliminary information from one potential supplier, and then design a preliminary foundation based on these.

When a final supplier is determined, you need to double-check your foundation for their final reactions.  Generally, if all companies are bidding the same type and layout of building, the reactionw should be close to one another.

Be sure and put a note on your foundation drawings about where you got the reactions from and that you are not responsible for their accuracy.  I typically, define the company, drawing number/name and date of the information I was given.

Ron Martin