Requirement for control joints in elevated slabs.

Warren,

I have experienced such cracks due to shrinkage.  They typically occur at
plan features that create a weakened plan (corners, changes in width, etc.)
Cracks can also occur over stiff beams and girders in relation to joists.
Rather than using control joints, we typically limit the pour size in SF and
max dimension.

Wayne Beckingham, P.E.