Re: Testing for Anchor Bolt Embedment

Daryl,

Another good idea.  I have some testing companies that say they can use ultrasound to determine the length.  If this is true and it works I will report back with the results.  If the length testing falls through I will perform a couple of pull tests.  I think I can get to some of the outside bolts.  The inside bolts are just under the elevated base frame.  As you say, who cares what type of bolt it is or how long it is as long as we can get the load out of it that we need per our calculations (along with a healthy factor of safety).

Thanks,

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

Daryl Richardson <h.d.richardson(--nospam--at)shaw.ca>

12/11/2002 05:10 PM
Please respond to seaint