buckling restraint brace

An existing RC moment resisting frame building will be strengthened to comply with the current code requirements. As an alternative option we are trying to retrofit the building using "unbonded brace or buckling restraint brace" technique.

My question is the following:

1. For an existing RC building with non-ductile detailing of beams, columns and beam-column joints what will be the R and overstrength factors? As I know for new steel structures the factors are 8 and 2, respectively.
2. Any additional requirements to be considered in design?

Thanks.

Yilmaz Yuva
Structural Engineer
Istanbul/Turkey