From: Lutz, James [mailto:James.Lutz(--nospam--at)earthtech.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 12:16 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: LA Region Uniform Code Program

I am doing a project in one of the municipalities in LA County that has
adopted the California Building Code with local amendments per the LA Region
Uniform Code Program. I have looked at the following ICBO link for this
program and also the LA County Building Code to try to figure out just what
amendments have been adopted and if the 1998 CBC is still the prevailing
code (1997 UBC). A Building Official told me they had adopted the "2001 CBC"
but I didn't know there was one. ICBO's on-line bookstore didn't show
anything more recent than the 1998 CBC for sale.

1. Can somebody tell me if there is a later version of the California
Building Code than 1998?

2. Are the amendments to the CBC that have been adopted as part of the
Uniform Code Program in LA County available for download anywhere? The ICBO
links just seem to deal with forms and code interpretations, not the
amendments themselves.

3. Is the LA County Building Code identical to the Building Codes adopted by
municipalities within the County as part of the LARUCP program?

http://www.icbolabc.org/laruc.htm
http://www.icbolabc.org/graphics/animate/phase1.htm
http://www.icbolabc.org/laruc/phase2.htm

Jim Lutz, P.E., S.E.