RE: Looking for a good Shearwall/Diaphragm Analysis Reference

I would recommend Amrhein's book on CMU.  His intoduction to distribution of shear is quite good.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicole Stoudt [mailto:NSTOUDT(--nospam--at)mbakercorp.com]
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 6:21 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Looking for a good Shearwall/Diaphragm Analysis Reference

I am new to the list and I am getting ready to take the PE exam.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a really good book that had sample problems of how to distribute shear, find center of rigidity, etc on various shear wall layouts.  It seems I have always had easy ones when I had to design them.  The sample PE exam has harder examples and I find that I have trouble with more complicated layouts.

Our firm mostly designs steel framed buildings also, so I am weak in the concrete and masonry shear wall areas.

So if you have a great reference that you think would help me, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Nicole
nstoudt(--nospam--at)mbakercorp.com